Talk about your favorite food IELTS: Chủ đề Food (Ẩm thực) thường xuất hiện trong phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 với cấu thắc mắc như: Describe a speacial meal you have had, Describe a place you like to eat at you should say, Describe your favorite food ,… Trong bài viết này Tuhocielts sẽ giới thiệu cho bạn những từ vựng và bài mẫu ở chủ đề này, mong rằng bạn sẽ có sự chuẩn bị tốt cho thời gian luyện thi IELTS sắp tới của mình nhé.
A. Một số từ vựng chủ đề Food
1. Danh từ
- Additives : chất phụ gia (để bảo quản hoặc tăng hương vị thực phẩm)
- Cuisine : nền ẩm thực
- Chef : đầu bếp
- Ingredients : nguyên liệu
- Obesity : bệnh béo phì
- Nutrition : dinh dưỡng
- Nutrient : chất dinh dưỡng
- Recipe : công thức
- Balanced diet : chế độ ăn cân bằng
- Sweets : đồ ngọt
- Saturated fat : chất béo bão hòa
- Binge-eating : ăn liên tục, không kiểm soát
- Junk food : thức ăn có hại cho sức khỏe
- Home-cooked meal / homemade food : thức ăn nhà làm
- Fresh produce : nông sản tươi
- Gourmet meal : high-quality meal
- Food poisoning : ngộ độc thực phẩm
- Fussy eater = picky eater : người kén ăn
- Takeaways : thức ăn mang đi
- Genetically modified food (GM food) : thực phẩm biến đổi gen
- Organic food: thức phẩm hữu cơ
- Processed food : thức ăn đóng hộp/ đóng gói
- Slap up meal : a large meal
- A 3-course meal: bữa ăn với cụ thể 3 món (khai vị, chính, tráng miệng)
- Appetizer : món khai vị
- Main dish : món chính
- Dessert : món tráng miệng
- Preservative : chất bảo quản
- Delicacies : món ăn ngon
2. Động từ
- Chop : thái, cắt
- Peel : lột vỏ
- Stir : xào, trộn
- Fry : chiên
- Stew : hầm
- Grill : nướng trên vỉ
- Bake : nướng dưới lò
- Garnish : add something to food to give it flavor or decorative color.
- Overeat = overconsume : ăn quá độ
- Follow a recipe : nấu ăn theo công thức
- Have a sweet tooth : hảo ngọt
- Work up an appetite : luyện tập thể thao để ăn ngon miệng hơn
- Grab a bite : ăn vội
3. Tính từ
- Aromatic / pungent: (thức ăn) có mùi thơm quyến rũ
- Malodorous : (thức ăn) có mùi kém quyến rũ
- Nutritious : nhiều dinh dưỡng
- Delicious : ngon miệng
- Flavourful : đầy hương vị
- Appetizing / unappetizing : ngon/ không ngon
- Bland : nhạt nhẽo
- Disgusting : kinh tởm
- Sweet /sour /salty /bitter /fatty / greasy / chewy/ savoury /crunchy: ngọt/ chua/ mặn/ đắng /béo/ nhiều dầu mỡ/ dai/ đậm đà/ giòn
- Pricey = expensive: cao tiền
- (un)reasonable = unaffordable : hợp lý, thích hợp (giá tiền)
- Malnourished : suy dinh dưỡng
4. Phrasal verbs
- Tuck into: ăn ngấu nghiến
- Dig in : ăn tự nhiên, thoải mái
- Mouthwatering : (thức ăn) có mùi thơm hoặc trình bày bắt mắt gây thèm thuồng
- (not) my cup of tea: (không phải) dòng ưu thích của tôi
- Eat like a horse : ăn khỏe như ngựa
- Eat like a bird : ăn nhỏ như chim
- Wine and dine : chiêu đãi, thưởng thức món ăn
- Cost an arm and a leg / cost the earth : cao đỏ
6. Một số câu hỏi về chủ đề Talk about your favorite food IELTS
- Tell me about the types of food that people eat in your country (What foods are popular in your country?
In my country, the Philippines, rice is a staple food. We eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rice comes with different kinds of viand (piece of food, or a tasty dish) such as pork, beef or chicken cooked with vegetables or fruits and other ingredients. Since my country is located in the tropics, tropical fruits are also popular here especially mangoes. They say that the best mangoes can be found in the Philippines. We also like to eat bread for breakfast or for snacks.
- How are the eating habits now in your country different from eating habits in the past?
I think people’s eating habits have changed in the past years. Nowadays, there are already a lot of fast food restaurants. Processed foods have become popular as well. I think people these days don’t eat as much healthy foods compared in the past. Also, I think people in the past are more concerned of eating at the right time. However, nowadays, people tend to skip meals because of several reasons such as dieting, busy schedules and etc.
- How healthy is your country’s food?
It is the choice of the people whether to eat healthy or unhealthy food. In my country, there are many choices of healthy food especially vegetables and fruits. However, I don’t think that people eat much healthy foods nowadays because of the presence of fast food and processed foods. Also, many dishes in my country is usually greasy and salty which I think are not very healthy.
B. Sample IELTS Speaking Part 2 – Chủ đề Talk about your favorite food IELTS
Describe a special meal you have had
You should say:
- Where you had it
- Who you had it with
- What you ate
- And explain why it was special for you
One of the most memorable meals that I have ever eaten was a couple of years ago when I was sick, well actually, just recovered from sickness. I had digestive disorder so I could not eat anything but bland porridge for a week; otherwise I would have vomited constantly. The first couple of days staying at home went just fine, I had enough to entertain me. In fact, I felt relax because I had time to binge watch my favorite drama. However, by the end of that week, I could not stand that meal. I could not even think about it. Fortunately, I was getting better so I could eat other dishes.
My mother made me spaghetti with beef and mushroom which she knew was my favourite. It was a basic Italian dish that instantly made my mood improve. It did not take much time and energy to cook though; basically, there were ground beef, sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped garlic and onions served with tomato sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. It tasted like heaven to me. The ground beef was savoury mixed with a little cheesy flavor. My mom homemade meal was not only appetizing but also nutritious because I was not consuming protein and fat for a whole week.
My mom and dad ate it too but I knew they did not enjoy it as much as I did. I tucked into it and even craved for more. This was a memorable meal thanks to the caring and loving of my mother and her eagerness to lift my spirits while I was trapped in my house.
Từ vựng trong bài:
- digestive disorder: bệnh rối loạn tiêu hóa
- bland (a): nhạt nhẽo
- porridge (n): cháo
- vomit (v): nôn mửa
- binge watch (v): cày phim
- stand: chịu đựng
- made my mood improve: làm tâm trạng tôi tốt lên
- ground beef: thịt bò xay
- top with (v) : phủ lên trên
- protein (n): chất đạm
- fat (n): chất béo
- crave for (v): thèm thuồng
I love food, so it is hard to think of just one favourite sort of food! However, if I had to choose, I can think of something that I like to have as a special treat from time to time. I’m going to tell you what the food item is, how it is made, why I like it so much and explain to you what makes it my favourite food and maybe even convince you that you would like it just as much as well – if you haven’t already discovered it for yourself.
The food is quite simple. I’ve always thought of it as a Greek speciality, although others tell me it actually originates from Egypt. Can you guess what it is? Houmous. I love it. The food is spelt differently in American English – they call it hummus and in British English, we spell it with an ‘o’ and a ‘u’ as opposed to just the ‘u’ but the recipe is the same in either case.
Basically, it is made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is popular throughout the Middle East (including Turkey), North Africa (including Morocco), and in Middle Eastern cuisine around the globe, but it is also extremely popular with me, although I’m very particular about the sort I buy. I live near a wonderful delicatessen, it is run by a friendly couple, he is Italian and she is vintage Yorkshire.
They make their own houmous with only the finest quality virgin olive oil and huge quantities of the best fresh garlic they can get hold of. It’s pretty expensive, but I love it, and it’s better than my own attempts for some reason, I don’t know why it shouldn’t be so hard to make.
Why do I like it? I think it is partly the texture, and partly the taste, I love garlic. Also, because I’m vegetarian it is a very healthy food, with lots of protein and quality fats that are good for you. Of course, you can have too much of a good thing, but I think it’s well worth it.
It is my favourite food not only because it is absolutely delicious, but also because you can share it with other people. It is best eaten as a dip, with friends. I cut up lots of carrots, cucumber and celery into crudités carefully sliced to make a colourful dish, perhaps with some slices of warm pitta bread too. A nice bottle of white wine helps. We can then all sit together enjoying the fresh humous dip, sipping our glasses of wine and laughing and talking to put the world to rights. It is a great way to enjoy a fabulous food item.
Tuhocielts hy vọng rằng những kiến thức và bài mẫu Talk about your favorite food IELTS được chia sẻ ở trên sẽ là nguồn tài liệu tham khảo hiệu quả cho các chủ đề tương tự trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Hãy chia sẽ bài viết này nếu bạn thấy hữu ích nhé!