Talk about your favorite means of transport là một chủ đề khá phổ biến và thường được hỏi trong phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 . Vì thế, bạn caafb phải có vốn từ vựng tốt cũng như những cách phát triển và hệ thống ý một cách hiệu quả để câu giải đáp của bạn đạt được điểm tối đa. Trong bài viết ngày hôm nay, Tuhocielts sẽ giới thiệu cho các bạn các từ vựng, câu hỏi và bài mẫu sample cho đề Talk about your favorite means of transport nhé!
Talk about your favorite means of transport
1. What means of transport do you usually use?
“I don’t have a car so I usually use public transport, you know, like trains, buses, trams, Actually back in Vietnam, I had a motorbike by which I always commute to work but I can’t afford one here so yeah, public transport, but anyway, I find it convenient for me coz I live right next to the train station.”
Nếu bạn đang gặp khó khăn trong quá trình ôn luyện thi IELTS
Khóa học IELTS sẽ giúp bạn Tăng từ 0.5-1.0 Band chỉ với 10 buổi học chuyên sâu
=>Tặng Voucher 1.000.000đ cho thành viên Tuhocielts.vn: TƯ VẤN NGAY
public transport: phương tiện giao thông công cộng
commute: đi lại hàng ngày
afford sth: đủ khả năng chi trả cho cái gì
2. What’s your favorite means of transport?
“My favorite way to travel is by train because it’s quick, convenient, reliable and especially punctual. What I like most about this types of transport is that I can totally forget about traffic congestion as therefore pollution. Plus, the rail fare is quite reasonable, I mean, quite affordable for a student like me.”
- reliable: đáng tin cậy
- punctual: đúng giờ
- traffic congestion: tắc đường
- rail/bus fare: vé tàu, vé xe bus
- affordable: có thể chi trả được
3. How do you like to travel for long trip?
“By plane, of course, coz it doesn’t take me too long to get to my destination. It’s kind of exhausted andunpleasant to me to travel by other types, you know, I don’t want to waste my valuable time just getting there while I can use that time to enjoy and do lots of more important things.”
- destination: điểm đến
- exhausted: kiệt sức
- unpleasant: không hài lòng
4. What’s the traffic like in your country?
“Oh, I’m afraid you ask that. It’s terribly bad, I have to say, especially in Hanoi-the capital of my country. You know what, it becomes the last place I’ve ever wanted to live because of the traffic it has. People often give themselves about an hour extra time to arrive on time due to the traffic jam, particularly in rush hours, Just imagine this, Hanoi does really looks like a giant car park, you know. And the traffic network like traffic lights, transport lane… are all old fashioned. And accidents on the main road seem to happen every
day. People always hope to have a better system but it appears to be daydreaming coz it’s just getting worse.”
- terribly: quá chừng, cực kỳ
- rush hours: giờ cao điểm
- traffic network: mạng lưới giao thông
- traffic lights: đèn giao thông
- transport lane: làn đường
- old fashioned: lạc hậu
- daydreaming: mơ giữa ban ngày, hão huyền
5. How do you think the public transport could be improved?
“I think the best way to better public transport, make it more efficient is that the government should subsidize their budget to upgrade its system and quality. I mean, like, increasing frequency of trains and buses, making it more reliable and punctual for the convenience of commuters, more accessible for people with low income and you know, I think higher fuel prices are going to help too.”
- efficient: hiệu quả
- subsidize: trợ cấp
- budget: ngân sách
- commuters: người đi lại thường xuyên
- accessible: có thể tiếp cận được
- fuel price: giá xăng dầu
Bài mẫu chủ đề Talk about your favorite means of transport
You should say:
1. What it is
2. When and how you often use it
3. Why you use it
4. Explain why it is your favorite means of transportation.
– the motorbike: convenient but
+ traffic congestion
+ exhaust fumes
+ feeling irritated
– the bus:
+ me: reading <> others: get stuck in traffic
+ weather problems/ parking charges
-> Highly recommend
My favorite means of transportation is motorcycle. I usually call it is an iron horse. Nowadays, traffic is very disorderly. The roads are narrow and have many potholes. So I think that motorcycle is a good choice in the current situation. This kind of vehicle is more flexible than cars. In addition, the price of a motorbike is suitable to my salary.
The motorcycle is very useful for my life ad my job because it helps me save a lot of time, when I go to school, as well as working. I can control the time easily when riding a motorbike to my student’s houses for tutoring. In the past, I used to ride my motorbike from HCMC to my hometown in HauGiang province and return. Now, it is still necessary to me. I have been driving it for more than 10 years. Although there is dangerous when I attend in traffic, I still love riding a motorcycle.
I know that because infrastructure in our country is not very good, traffic jams or accidents often happen when many kinds of transportation means attend on narrow streets at the same time. Anyway, I think that not only me but also a lot of people like to ride motorbikes like me. In short, motorcycle is the most popular transportation means vehicle in our country.
- Mean (v): nghĩa là, có nghĩa là
- Mean (n): phương tiện, kế, biện pháp, cách.
- Means of transportation (n): phương tiện giao thông
- Motor-cycle (n): xe mô tô
- Motorbike (n): xe gắn máy
- Transportation (n): sự chuyên trở, sự vận tải.
- Disorderly (a): thiếu trật tự, bừa bãi, lộn xộn
- Potholes (n): ổ gà
- Situation (n): tình thế, tình cảnh, vị thế
- Vehicle (n): phương tiện, xe cộ
- Flexible (a): linh hoạt, linh động, mềm dẽo.
- Infrastructure (n): cơ sở hạ tầng
- Traffic jam (n): đường tắc nghẽn, giao thông tắc nghẽn, kẹt xe
- In short (a): nói tóm lại