Như chúng ta đã biết, mỗi loại từ loại trong tiếng Anh đóng một vai trò khác nhau, do đó nó có những chức năng, vai trò riêng biệt trong câu. Để hiểu rõ hơn về cách dùng và trau dồi cho mình thêm một vốn kiến thức để chuẩn bị cho kỳ thi toeic, cùng luyện tập qua Bài tập về từ loại chuyên đề TOEIC để nâng cao điểm số bạn nhé.
I. BÀI TẬP VỀ TỪ LOẠI CHUYÊN ĐỀ TOEIC I
1. The park service asks visitors to behave _________ and show respect for wildlife.
2. The _______ of Board of Directors is scheduled for Monday.
3. In order to suppress harmful insects and weeds, garden maintenance companies must choose the right products and apply them ______
4. The CEO will use her __________ in determining how the reorganization of the company will be conducted.
5. ________ by the audience’s positive reaction to its music, the Gary Jones played well past midnight.
6. The young fashion designer wanted to create dress styles ___________ different from those of her contemporaries.
7. Many environmental analysts recommend that nations reduce their __________ on non-renewable energy sources.
8. A particularly _ drawback of this book is the almost complete lack of useful illustrations or tables.
9. The general manager has __ that any information customers enter be used only to respond to their
inquiries and requests.
10. Additional information on _ financial aid such as grants and scholarships can be obtained from
career offices at each university.
11. _for reconstruction contracts has been getting stiffer over the years since it can generate enormously lucrative earnings.
12. The general hospital was able to improve patient care significantly without hiring more staff by _ in a new information system.
13. Our experienced and skilled technicians can be of much help in the event that you __ delete something essential from the program.
14. When the _________ for this new safety policy was under consideration by the managers, a number of
experts were asked for their comments.
15. All the workers are required to ______ verify that the proper maintenance of storage facilities is
conducted with extreme care.
16. The elegant hotel we stayed at was_______ and bright and had a private entrance and patio with a
view of the ocean.
17. Applicants are advised to fill out an application form concisely to impress potential employers,
without being too ________ or boring.
18. All the terms of the agreement must be clear so that the meaning and intent won’t be _______ by
19. There’s another piece of evidence that there has been enormous ________ in the supply of customized
services to customers.
20. Our aim is to increase the efficiency of the rail services both for freight and passengers by providing services on the network and increasing _______ among companies.
21. We are sorry to announce that we will not________ any credit cards starting next year since a cash deposit is required.
22. The elegant hotel known for its fabulous amenities is _________ located near the local airport.
ლ Xem thêm một số tài liệu học tiếng Anh bên dưới nhé các bạn
II. BÀI TẬP VỀ TỪ LOẠI CHUYÊN ĐỀ TOEIC II
1. __________ for the money management seminar will be forwarded to all the managers tomorrow.
2. The conference’s keynote speaker addressed ______ impacts of digital technology on the current music industry.
3. The effects of affordable housing ____ in rural areas will be discussed at the conference.
4. Even if residents in the area have shown strong _____ to the project, the city government may not be hesitant to proceed with it.
5. We had to spend the whole month searching for better solutions, and _____ customers were impressed by our efforts.
6. The more we spent with the sales team, the more ______ we were with their innovative
7. The unexpected operating complexity was more serious than _______ anticipated.
8. The enclosed documents summarize _______ changes to the existing overtime regulations.
D. to proposing
9. Applicants must possess a master of business administration or ______ experience in a
10. The expansion of the natural history museum is most ______ the cause of significant
11. Many science majors enter graduate school ______ after completing a bachelor of science degree.
12. Customers who purchase more than 500 dollars worth of items can request an HDTV cable box at no ______ charge.
13. According to many _______ of the industry, the majority of small-sized firms are hoping to enter into lucrative businesses.
14. During the one-week promotional period, we offer all the visitors and customers 10 dollars worth of kitchen appliances _______ free of charge.
15. It is likely that ______ of the annual conference will reach an all-time high this year, with more than 1,000 people planning to attend.
16. A detailed quotation on the ongoing _________ will be provided for free any time upon request.
17. The customer service department is responsible for fulfilling _______ from the public and has to forward them to the chief financial officer.
18. Employees will be given bonuses and incentives _______ depending on their performance achievements, not based on their relationship with supervisors.
19. The head of legal department is searching for experts who have a lot of experience with contract ______.
20. Many ______ agricultural advisors were hired to boost the significantly declining industry.
☆ Các bạn tham khảo thêm một số tài liệu học tiếng Anh bên dưới nhé!
III. BÀI TẬP VỀ TỪ LOẠI
1. I wasn’t_____ with my exam result.
A. please B. pleased C. pleasing D. pleasant
2. The water is _____. You can’t drink it.
A. polluted B. pollution C. polluting D. pollutant
3. I am very _______ in the news.
A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. interests
4. We avoid_______ our environment.
A. polluted B. polluting C. pollute D. to pollute
5. Many spacemen could never get back to the Earth because of ____ accidents.
A. tragedy B. tragic C. tragically D. tragedies
6. We’ve decided to interview only ten _____ for the job.
A. applicants B. applicable C. appliances D. applications
7. Artificial satellites provide data on atmosphere temperatures, solar radiation and
_____ the earth’s surface.
A. reflect B. the reflection C. can reflect D. reflecting
8. They have no _____ for help.
A. expectation B. expect C. expectative D. expectancy
9. Boys and girls may behave _____ in this situation.
A. difference B. differing C. different D. differently
10. All of us were _____ that he was successful in the final exam.
A. surprising B. surprisingly C. surprise D. surprised
11. One recent ________ in medicine is the development of laser in treating cancer.
A. achievements B. achievement C. achiever D. achieved
12. You have to be aware of the damage humans are doing to quicken the ________ of
A. extinct B. extinctive C. extinctions D. extinction
13. He was finally _________ in his final attempt.
A. successful B. successive C. unsuccessful D. success
14. They did everything possible to _______ the police force.
A. strengthen B. strengthening C. strength D. stronger
15. It was a(n) ________ mistake that he made.
A. shamed B. shameful C. ashamed D. shameless
16. I spent a(n)________ night because of my toothache. I’m very tired now.
A. sleepy B. sleeping C. sleepless D. asleep
17. His low scores in the mock tests ______ him quite a lot.
A. courageous B. encouraging C. discouraged D. encouragement
18. Recently pop-rock music has decreased in ________.
A. popular B. popularizing C. popularity D. popularly
19. The waste from the chemical factory is extremely ________.
A. harmed B. unharmed C. harmful D. harmless
20. The restaurant is now under new ________.
A. manager B. manageable C. management D. manager
21. Your money will be refunded if the goods prove to be ________.
A. satisfying B. dissatisfied C. satisfactory D. unsatisfactory
22. The problem of ________ among young people is hard to solve.
A. employment B. employers C. employees D. unemployment
23. The dictionaries are on the _________-book shelves.
A. referred B. referring C. reference D. references
24. The _________ of old buildings should be taken into consideration.
A. preserve B. preservation C. preservative D. preserves
25. It is tiring to talk to such _________-minded person.
A. conservative B. conserved C. conservation D. conserving
26. He became one of the most ________ actors in Vietnam.
A. success B. successful C. successfully D. successive
27. Smoke from cigarettes can even do harm to _________.
A. smoking B. smokers C. nonsmokers D. smoky
28. Man has witnessed a great many significant _________ of science and technology in
the past few decades.
A. accomplishes B. accomplished C. accomplishments D. accomplishers
29. You should eat more. You’re a bit _________.
A. underweight B. overweight C. weightless D. weighty
30. You should _________ yourselves with some grammatical terms.
A. familiar B. familiarity C. unfamiliar D. familiarize
31. Although some societies are _________ undeveloped, their languages, from a
linguist’s point of view, are very complex.
A. technology B. technologically C. technological D. technologist
32. Our education will help with the _________ of knowledge for the young.
A. enrichment B. rich C. riches D. richness
33. The ________ was a success; the patient will fully recover in a month’s time.
A. operate B. operation C. operator D. operating
34. Call the TV stations for the ________ of the opening of our new store.
A. publicity B. publicize C. public D. publicizing
35. I like my work because I have the ________ to make my own decision.
A. freed B. freedom C. freely D.free
36. That teacher is a(n) _______ one. His pupils like his sense of humor.
A. amusing B. amused C. amusement D. self-amused
37. It is just a small area with about 100,000 _______.
A. inhabitations B. inhabitants C. habitats D. inhabits
38. The road has just been ______ for better flows of traffic.
A. width B. wide C. widely D. widened
39. She wants to look ______ in her wedding reception.
A. natural B. naturally C. nature D. natured
40. Scientific progress supplies us with ______ such as washing machines, tractors,….
A. convenient B. conveniences C. inconvenience D. inconveniences
41. He was _________ in his final attempt. What a pity for him!
A. successful B. successive C. unsuccessful D. success
42. You have to wear special clothes to work in the lab for the ________ of yourself.
A. protective B. protector C. protection D. protectiveness
43. There are many interesting _________ events included in this book.
A. historical B. historically C. historian D. history
44. The ________ will judge you on your quality and performance.
A. examining B. examinees C. examiners D. examination
45. We should be responsible for the _________ humans are doing to the environment.
A. destroy B. destructive C. destruction D. destructibility
46. Some animals are now ____________. We need to find ways to protect them.
A. dangerous B. dangerously C. in danger D. danger
47. People who are out of work are ____________.
A. unemployed B. unemployment C. employed D. employee
48. The old man has saved a lot of money for his _____________.
A. retire B. retiring C. retirement D. retired
49. We had a _________ discussion about football.
A. bore B. boring C. bored D. boredom
50. She gave along ___________ about unemployment in Vietnam.
A. lecturer B. lecturing C. lectured D. lecture
51. Money doesn’t always bring ____________.
A. happy B. happily C. happiest D. happiness
52. His _________ makes his parents happy.
A. success B. successful C. succeed D. succeeded
53. Mary and her younger sister have many __________.
A. different B. difference C. differ D. differences.
54. She is a dances, so you should buy a pair of _________ shoes as a present for her
A. dancing B. dance C. dances D. dancer’s
55. That’s quite silly. What you’re saying is_________
A. reason B. reasonable C. unreasonable D. reasonably
56. What we need is a_______ supply of oxygen
A. healthful B. unhealthful C. healthy D. unhealthy
57. Are you_______ with your child’s performance at school?
A. satisfying B. satisfactory C. satisfying D. dissatisfying
58. The old couple have saved a lot of money for their_____
A. retire B. retirement C. retired D. retiring
59. The story is______ and it makes us laugh a lot.
A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. interestingly
60. Lan is______ with the result of her test.
A. satisfaction B. satisfactorily C. satisfy D. satisfied
61. The weather this month______ him because it has been raining most of the time.
A. disappoints B. disappointing C. disappointed D. disappointment
62. This job is______ and a lot of young people like it.
A. attraction B. attracted C. attract D. attractive
63. This shirt is good and its price is______
A. reason B. reasonable C. reasonably D. reasoning
64. We can preserve flood by ______ the forests.
A. preserving B. preserved C. preservation D. preserve
65. I will not ______ your behaving that way.
A. tolerance B. tolerate C. tolerant D. tolerable
66. They discussed the matter calmly and______
A. reasonable B. reasonably C. reasoning D. reason
67. There are a lot of ______ jobs in this company.
A. attracted B. attraction C. attractive D. attract
68. Fortunately, the plane landed ______ after the violent storm.
A. safely B. safety C. safe D. unsafe
69. Bill is a good driver. He usually drives
A. carefully B. carelessly C. careful D. careless
70. She is a very famous stamp________ in England.
A. collection B. collective C. collector D. collect
71. Now we are still looking for the ________ to the problem of traffic accidents.
A. solve B. solver C. solution D. solvable
72. Some people are concern with physical when choosing a wife or a
A. attraction B. attractive C. attract D. attractiveness
73. Traditionally, Americans and Asians have different ideas about love and .
A. marry B. marriage C. get married D. to love
74. Young Asians are not so as their American counterparts.
A. Rome B. Roman C. romantic D. romanticize
75. All of my students appreciate the ______ of English learning.
A. importance B. important C. importantly D. import
76. English is the language of international ______.
A. communicate B. communicative
C. communication D. communicatively
77. When I was in Thailand, I had only a day to visit all the tourist ______.
A. attractions B. attracts C. attracted D. attracting
78. We bought this car at a very ______ price.
A. reason B. reasonable C. reasonably D. reasoning
79. She ______ to pass the entrance exam to the university.
A. expect B. expecting C. expectation D. expects
80. With the ______ of weather, the journey was wonderful.
A. except B. exception C. excepting D. excepts
81. The food in this restaurant was rather ______.
A. disappoint B. disappointing C. disappointed D. disappointment
82. The villagers drank water from wells _____ with toxic chemicals.
A. polluting B. polluted C. pollution D. pollute
83. The conference discussed ______ issues.
A. environment B. environmental
C. environmentally D. environmentalist
Trên đây là một số bài tập về từ loại chuyên đề TOEIC mà Tự học Ielts muốn chia sẻ đến các bạn. Xem thêm một số tài liệu học tiếng Anh hữu ích trên web Tự học Ielts bạn nhé. Chúc các bạn ôn tập thật tốt !❤️️