IELTS speaking band description: Fashion & Clothes là những bài hội thoại tiếng Anh với chủ đề về Thời trang và Quần áo sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích giúp bạn luyện nói tiếng Anh, học các từ vựng tiếng Anh ở chủ đề trên. Đây là một chủ đề phổ biến trong kỳ thi IELTS vì thế bạn đừng bỏ lỡ nhé!
Câu hỏi & câu trả lời mẫu IELTS Speaking – topic Fashion and Clothes sẽ giúp các bạn nghe dễ hiểu và có thêm kỹ năng làm bài thi IELTS speaking tốt hơn.
Fashion & Clothes – IELTS speaking band description
- Tổng hợp 100 topics cho IELTS Speaking
- Improving IELTS Listening skills for ATC students of Banking Academy
- The Effectiveness of Task – Based – Language teaching in improving IELTS Reading skill
- Hướng dẫn tự học IELTS 8.5
Part 1- style questions
Do you enjoy buying clothes?
Examiner: Do you enjoy buying clothes?
Pedro: I used to … yes … like most young people I was a bit of a slave to fashion and I’d always have to buy that must-have shirt or pair of shoes … I’m not so bothered now though … I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing something old fashioned but I’m not as bothered as I used to be about what I wear …
- A slave to fashion: someone who always feel the need to wear the latest fashions
- Old fashioned: not in fashion any more
- Must-have: something that is highly fashionable and therefore in demand
What type of clothes do you like to wear?
What type of clothes don’t you like to wear?
Do you think the brand of clothing is important?
What kind of clothes do people in your country usually wear?
Do you wear different styles of clothes now compared to 10 years ago?
Do your friends wear the same kinds of clothes as you?
Are you (would you be) willing to wear a uniform at work?
Do you think the clothes we wear say something about who we are?
Examiner: What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Marco: I prefer casual clothes actually … I hate getting dressed up for special occasions … personally I think it’s possible to look good in a pair of jeans … but that’s my opinion … I don’t think my wife would call me a fashion icon that’s for sure …
- casual clothes: not formal
- to get dressed up: to put on nice clothes, often to go out somewhere special
- to look good in: to wear something that suits you
- fashion icon: a person who is famous for their sense of fashion
Examiner: Are there many clothes shops where you live?
Sylvia: Yes … there are lots in my town … apart from the big chain stores we’ve got a couple of really nice shops that sell vintage clothes … old clothes but in a classic style that never really go out of fashion … I love going there …
- vintage clothes: clothes from an earlier period
- classic style: a simple, traditional style that is always fashionable
- to go out of fashion: to not be in fashion any more
Part 2 – style task
Describe a piece of clothing you like
You should say:
- What the item of clothing is
- Where and when you got it
- When you prefer to wear/wore it
- Explain why you like it
Describe someone you know who dresses well
You should say:
- Who they are
- How you know them
- What kind of clothes they wear
- Why you like the way they dress
Describe someone you know who dresses well. You should say
- who they are
- how you know them
- what kind of clothes they wear
- and say why you like the way they dress.
Tomoko: I’d like to talk about one of my teachers … Miss Evans … she teaches us English in the school I go to … we always look forward to seeing what she’s going to wear when our lessons start … she’s always very well dressed and takes a lot of pride in her appearance … it’s not that she dresses in very smart clothes … she doesn’t come to school dressed to kill or anything like that … but what she wears really suits her … and she has a great sense of style as well … we often ask her where she gets some of her clothes and most of the time they’re just off the peg … and she says she’s not interested in designer labels or anything like that … she doesn’t seem too concerned about keeping up with the latest fashion … she just wears clothes that are timeless… yes … Miss Evans is the person I think looks great in the clothes she wears.
- timeless: something that doesn’t go out of fashion
- well-dressed: to be dressed attractively
- to have a sense of style: the ability to wear clothes that look stylish
- off the peg: clothing that is ready made
- designer label: a well-known company that makes (often expensive) clothing
- dressed to kill: wearing clothes that attract admirers
- to keep up with the latest fashion: to wear the latest fashions
- to suit someone: to look good on someone
- to take pride in one’s appearance: to pay attention to how one looks
- smart clothes: the kind of clothes worn for a formal event
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What factors do you think affect the clothes we choose to wear?
Maki: It depends … where we are or where we’re going is a big factor … if you are going out to a club or party you’re going to dress for the occasion … and then there are those who think it’s important to look like they’re on trend … they’ll want to wear the latest fashions … there are lots of factors really …
- to be on trend: to be very fashionable
- to dress for the occasion: to wear clothes suitable for a particular event
Examiner: What kind of things determine what is in fashion and what we should be wearing? Martin: I suppose the big fashion houses and fashion shows must have an effect but the clothes you see on the catwalk don’t always reflect what normal people wear … so I suppose it will be things like what singers are wearing in videos or models are wearing in magazines … that kind of thing …
- fashion house: a company that sells (usually expensive) new styles in clothes
- fashion show: an event where modals show off the latest in fashion designs
- on the catwalk: the stage that modals walk along to show off the latest fashions
- 15 days’ Practice for IELTS Listening – Hướng dẫn sử dụng và tải trọn bộ sách
- Download sách Common Mistakes at IELTS Intermediate miễn phí
- Tổng hợp các chủ đề bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 3
Is it possible to look good without spending lots of money on clothes?
Examiner: Is it possible to look good without spending lots of money on clothes? Corinna: I’m sure it is … yes … I suppose it’s about having an eye for what looks good … knowing how to mix and match different items of clothing that go well together … I think you can pick up great bargains in charity shops … sometimes for youngsters even hand-me- downs can look good …
- to mix and match: to wear different styles or items of clothing that aren’t part of a set outfit
- hand-me-downs: clothes that are passed down from older brothers or sisters to their younger siblings
- to have an eye for (fashion): to be a good judge of
- fashionable: in fashion
- the height of fashion: very fashionable
Do the fashion shows have impact on what we are wearing?
Do you think have fashion trends changed constantly?
Do you think people behave differently in different kinds of clothes?
Are people’s ideas about fashion today the same as people’s ideas in previous years?
Trên đây là bài viết về chủ đề Thời trang – Quần áo, Câu hỏi & câu trả lời mẫu IELTS Speaking – topic Fashion and Clothes rất mong sẽ giúp ích cho bạn về các chủ đề IELTS Speaking trong khi ôn luyện tự học IELTS tại nhà.