Talk about your favorite singer là một topic thường gặp trong IELTS Speaking Part 1. Và bạn có khá nhiều điều để nói với topic này đó. Hãy cùng Tuhocielts “kể” theo topic này nhé. Hi vọng những chia sẻ dưới đây sẽ giúp bạn tham khảo cho bài thi của mình nhé.
Vocabulary Talk about your favorite singer
- adoring fans: people who love a particular band or singer
- background music: music that is played while something else is happening
- a catchy tune: a song that is easy to remember and makes you want to sing it
- classical music: music that is regarded as part of a long, formal tradition – nhạc cổ điển
- to download tracks: to obtain music from the Internet
- to have a great voice: to sing well – có giọng ca tốt
- to go on tour: to go on a planned series of performances around a region or country- đi lưu diễn
- a huge following: a large number of fans
- live music: music that is listened to while it is performed (not recorded)
- live performance: (see live music) – màn trình diễn trực tiếp
- a massive hit: a record that sells lots of copies
- a music festival: music performances at a venue often over several days – liên hoan âm nhạc
- musical talent: skilled at music – tài năng âm nhạc
- to be/sing out of tune: to not be in harmony/to sing the wrong notes – hát sai tông
- a piece of music: an item of music – 1 bản nhạc
- to play by ear: to play without reading the musical notes
- a pop group: a small group of people who play or sing pop music together- nhóm nhạc pop
- to read music: to understand and follow written musical notes
- a rock band: a group of musicians that play rock music
- to sing along to: to join in singing- hát cùng nhau
- a sing-song: to sing informally, often with other people
- a slow number: a song with a slow tempo
- to take up a musical instrument: to begin learning a musical instrument – học 1 nhạc cụ mới
- taste in music: the music someone likes – gu âm nhạc
- to be tone deaf: to be unable to distinguish the different notes in music
Bài mẫu Talk about your favorite singer
Describe a BAND or a SINGER that you like. You should say:
- What kind of music do they play?
- Where and when did you hear them for the first time?
- Why do you like their music?
There are so many talented artists nowadays that it isn’t an easy task to pick one of them as my favorite. But I’d like to talk about Sam Smith, a recent world’s phenomenon.
Sam Smith is a young English pop singer – songwriter who rose to fame back in 2012 with single “Latch”, which peaked at number 7 on US Billboard Hot 100 and that’s how I found out about him. Since then, he has released several other hit songs, one of which, “Stay with me” won him 4 Grammy Awards last month.
Most of Sam Smith’s songs are sad break-up songs which, according to him, tell about the story between him and his ex-boyfriend.
Besides the fact that Sam Smith is an extremely talented singer who has a great voice, I find his music very touching and inspirational. He’s a gay man and he’s not afraid to show who he is through his music. I think that’s the reason why his music is popular. He stays true to himself and inspires others to do the same.
One of my favorite songs is “Bonjour Vietnam”, a song composed and sung by Pham Quynh Anh – A French woman with Vietnamese origins. Though this song was released years ago, I still keep it in my “favorite” playlist on my phone.
I first came across this song when it was discussed all over the media during my secondary school years. You see, it’s really rare for such a beautiful song to be written about Vietnam, or the Vietnamese identity for that matter. It’s about a Vietnamese expat desperately wanting to learn more about her Vietnamese roots. She also wanted to go to Vietnam someday to know for herself whether it was like what her parents and the media portrayed or not.
To be honest, the first time I heard this song, I didn’t understand a word but I was hooked by the gentle melody and the silky voice of the singer. I was later motivated to learn French to know the exact meaning of the lyrics. When I understood, it was all the more beautiful. I realized there was still so much more to discover and love about my country. You could say my love for the beauty of Vietnam was rekindled.
I really wish more quality songs like this can be produced in the future instead of the meaningless ones that young generations are so obsessed with.
- To compose: to write music
- An expat: a person living outside their own country
- To portray: to describe something or somebody
- To be hooked: to enjoy something very much
Mong rằng với những chia sẻ chủ đề IELTS Speaking Talk About Your Favorite Singer trên sẽ giúp bạn hoàn thành bài thi IELTS một cách hiệu quả tốt nhất.